Princess Parrot

Home Forums Parrot Discussion Princess Parrot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

The princess parrot is a medium-sized Australian parrot found in arid regions in Western Australia, the Northern Territory, and South Australia. The s
    [See the full post at: Princess Parrot]

#14565 Reply
    Norma King

Why have both my princess parrots left their eggs after two to three weeks of sitting on them

#14566 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Sounds like they’ve given up trying to hatch these eggs. Give it another week or two, and if nothing has happened remove the eggs and let them start again.

#16122 Reply
    Chelsea Andersen

New to this my princess parrot has 4 eggs she only just started sitting on them after 7 days is there anything I should know or do.
    How does she feed them and what do I feed her babies

#16144 Reply
    Shane Gowland
    Keymaster

Hi Chelsea, she’ll feed the babies herself. Just make sure she has lots of good food available to her, including fresh fruits, veggies, and leafy greens.

#16382 Reply
    Michael

Hi Shane my princess parrotts 5 babies had feathers two with colors ,The male was feeding female then each day he wanted to feed her for babies and wouldn let her eat, the male iis freindly to me so l keeped him away why she ate and went back to babies in box .l didn hear baby birds making noises so l checked all 5 babies died .Mum and dad we got 4 years ago ,they are feed good with seed and fruits ,what should l do please ?regards michael.

#16383 Reply
    Michael

Also the first time they actually hatched eggs (ect)

#17720 Reply
    Carolyn Kenny

Hi, I have 2 male Princess Parrots in a large 9mx4m aviary. I have the opportunity to rehome another pair (M+F), but my gut feeling is that bringing 1 female into the mix will cause a problem? This new pair are bonded. Can anyone advise either way thankyou…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Princess Parrot
Your information: